My Family Coach: Women Discuss Life, Relationships & Parenting

9/22/05

Sweeping Beauty

No, I didn't make a typo in the title of today's blog. I am referring to the relationship between women and housework; in particular, a collection of poetry that is entitled "Sweeping Beauty." When I heard about this collection I began to think about my own attitude towards cleaning and cooking. As the author remarked, housework can be an antidote for life stresses but, as a never-ending task, stressful in itself.

What is your attitude towards the "beauty of sweeping?"

2 Comments:

  • I actually really enjoy cleaning, it makes me feel great when a job is completed and you can see improvement in front of your eyes. I take pride in being a homemaker, and that includes cleaning. While I clean, I talk on the phone to my mother or friends, or I think how the house will look so nice for shabbos or yom tov.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, October 20, 2005  

  • Thank you for your comment. Your positive outlook turns a chore into a source of pride.

    Many women, in fact, do find that cleaning can be "therapeutic." Not only is it possible to multi-task (such as you describe), but cleaning or organizing can be a time to clear one's head of the day's stresses.

    It is a different story, however, when one cleans late at night, at the end of a tiring day. Then cleaning can be a source of more stress. It is important, I think, for each woman to find the balance that is right for her.

    By Blogger Dr. Spiegel, at Thursday, October 27, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home