My Family Coach: Women Discuss Life, Relationships & Parenting

1/23/06

Celebrate or Humiliate?

It's amazing how a person's comment can inflate or deflate our personal sense of accomplishment. I related to several people some recent "successes." One person exclaimed, "That's great, Mona!" while another one asked, "Isn't that a little slow for what you're attempting?" Well, you can guess my reaction to each of these observations.

The first remark spurred me on; the second one discouraged me. In order to avoid feeling disappointed in myself, I needed to turn to my inner "cheerleader" to reassure me.

I often wonder if the world's definition of "success" is what really counts in life. I think that being happy with oneself is the greatest success of all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home