My Family Coach: Women Discuss Life, Relationships & Parenting

2/7/06

Manicure Mishugaas

The manicurist filed and polished my nails today. It was a wonderful indulgence and I enjoyed sitting and waiting for my nails to dry. Suddenly I noticed a spot on my thumbnail. A spot! How could I tolerate this imperfection? I wanted a perfect experience and 'spotless' results. Should I say anything? Should I ask her to fix it and return my nail to perfection?

It was a slow day at the spa and the manicurist was standing idle. Yes, I would ask her to remove the spot. She patiently redid the nail polish, with all its coats. Feeling something foolish and guilty, I thanked her, waited for the nail to dry once again and left. The tale might have ended there.

But despite my care, guess what happened? No, the spot did not return. Somehow, somewhere, I smudged the nail polish. My perfect nail now looked worse than before! I burst out laughing. This was the perfect outcome.

My manicure resulted in an unexpected lesson. Don't you agree?

1 Comments:

  • Lucky you, you just had smudged nail polish. My manicurist cut me by mistake and I got an infection plus a fungal thing. I took antibiotics and lamisol for two months and now it is blowing up again! My doctor said that he sees this ALOT, and he said to bring your own equipment to get your nails done. We all certainly want the job to be done perfect, but we should attain that in a safe manner! Take it from me, I learned the hard way! from infected index finger lady

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wednesday, February 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home