My Family Coach: Women Discuss Life, Relationships & Parenting

1/28/08

At the beach

My husband had a conference in Orlando, Fl. this past December. I decided to tag along but, for the first time, didn't pay a visit to Disney but went to the beach.

I rented a room with a balcony and stayed for two nights. The temperature was in the 80's and the hotel was virtually empty. My room overlooked the water and I was able to see sunrise from my bed. I took a morning walk barefoot on the beach, feeling the softness of the sand and stopping every once in awhile to pick up seashells to take home. Then I ate lunch and spent the afternoon on the balcony, reveling in the solitude and expansiveness of the moment. At dusk I watched the surfers ride out into the ocean to catch the waves.

When life gets too stressful I go back to the beach. In my mind I am sitting on that balcony once again; I can feel the warmth and peace pervade my being.

Then I am on vacation once again. And it's accessible at any time, without any cost or travel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home