My Family Coach: Women Discuss Life, Relationships & Parenting

10/18/10

What's in a Name?

Every time you use my name
you remind me that I'm sane.
I count for someone
who recognizes me,
affirms what I think
is what you see.

Those who call me by a different name
(nerd, fatso, or stupid are a few)
don't realize the harm they do.
I hear those names in my head today
when the Critic echoes
what people say.

It's taken me years to hear a new voice
sing a new song
feel I belong.
It is only now I can truly say
I know who I am
I know my name.

1 Comments:

  • I enjoy looking through your blogs and reading what you have to say on different topics. It is very interesting to me how you are able to "see inside" different people/situations and then write a poem or advice column.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wednesday, October 27, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home