My Family Coach: Women Discuss Life, Relationships & Parenting

12/27/10

Chicken Sauce

In a hurry to get supper on the table, I opened the refrigerator to see what I could find. I was relieved to see a package of leftover chicken sitting wrapped in aluminum foil on a shelf. Quickly, I grabbed the package. As soon as I did I noticed the sauce it left behind.

It wasn't much, this spot of sauce on the otherwise clean plexiglas shelf. I could leave it till the next time I cleaned the frig. But it had already started to congeal. Without the package of chicken covering it I knew that 1) the sauce would harden further and 2) it would dirty anything else that's put on top of it.

To clean now, when I'm already late, or let it go for another time?

How often we have this dilemma! Should we take care of that annoying little problem in our life now, when we have so much else to do, or postpone attending to it until we have another opportunity? Avoiding the problem when it's "soft" so to speak gives it a chance to harden; dealing with it later will require more time and effort. And we hope nothing else will be affected by it. But the problem is hardly noticeable. We already have so much to do; we just want to get on with our lives and close the door to the dirt inside.

When will we stop the clock and open the door to inspect what lay within?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home